BIC Cello’s #HopeFlowsWithButterflow
Forging a pathway to flair hope and optimism through digitalisation
Amidst the ongoing pandemic, PR consultancy was tasked to achieve a meaningful activity with ballpoint pen artists/influencers to celebrate the power of hope and positivity with BIC Cello on social and digital media.
The task at hand was:
- Instilling hope and positivity during testing times of the pandemic
- Owning the National Ballpoint Pen day spread the message of hope through the art
- Lead with a strong message from the brand’s side through a month-long campaign through various mediums of digital, social and traditional media
Conceptualising the application of the mighty pen to paper – allowing a free flow of thoughts became the core inspiration
To recognize and celebrate the art that can be created with ballpoint pens was launched by BIC Cello on National Ballpoint Pen Day, focusing to highlight the benefits of a supple and smooth ballpoint pen as an instrument for bringing thoughts and ideas to life. The premise of the artwork was to depict vignettes of hope that consumers find uplifting, connecting and bonding with one another during the ongoing pandemic.
- Artist Indu Lalitha Harikumar produced a comic panel to showcase relevance of Ball Point Pen day and conducted workshops to assimilate beginners and hobby artists using a ball point pen drawing universe.
- A series of 4 weekend workshops were undertaken with a theme ‘Meet the Master’ with over 100 participations across India.
- Identified Ballpoint pen artists to produce artwork which resonates best with the narrative of #HopeFlowsWithButterflow
- The initiative successfully received engagement from audience while starting a chain of artworks created by the followers to resonate with the messaging
- Popular writer/author Smriti Dewan lend her voice to the National Ball point pen day narrative. Third party cohort article finds better resonance with media and adds authentic voices to BIC Cello narrative
With the amplification of the initiative #HopeFlowsWithButterflow on social and digital media, the month-long campaign invigorated the aim to motivate and encourage people to express their thoughts creatively with the use of pen & paper during pandemic.
- Coverage garnered in key online portals
- Brand integration with Influencer posts and stories across Instagram helped build recall and visibility which generated buzz with a total reach of 2.7M
- Garnered 69+ stories, 08 Instagram post and 6 Twitter post over social media – brand integration with Influencer posts and stories across Instagram helped build recall and visibility
- Brand handles tagged through the pre-event promotional teasers and event coverage to drive traffic to owned assets